VT offers advising at many levels. The Chemistry Department aims to help students make rewarding use of these resources.
When you select Chemistry as your primary major, you are assigned an academic advisor in the Chemistry Department. Your advisor can assist you in planning your course selections so that your curriculum can be well matched to your interests and career ambitions. Your advisor can also connect you to other services (including other forms of advising) on campus. Like many aspects of university life, it is up to the student to make use of this important resource.
Chemistry Department advisors (special duties if any):
Many specific career choices involve specific courses, exams, and other requirements that students must meet to enter professional degree programs. Virginia Tech offers targeted advising in these areas.
- Career Services Graduate / Professional School Web Site (link)
- Co-Op and Internship Web Site at VT Career Services (link)
- Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Program Web Site (link)
- Pre-Pharmacy: Dr. Jack Evans (email)
- Pre-Physical Therapy: Dr. Jay Williams (email)
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine: Ms. Joyse Massie (email)
- Pre-Law: Ms. Jennifer Hanratty (email) and Dr. Wayne Moore (email)
- Teacher Certification (link)
Other Advising Links
- Virginia Tech Undergraduate Advising Web Site (link)
- College of Science Advising Web Site (link)
- University Core (CLE) Guide Web Site (link)
- University Honors Program Web Site (link)